The Senators’ summer prospect development camp is underway with all 10 of this year’s entry draft picks in attendance.
The Sens press release details the following highlights:
– On-ice training every day at the Bell Sensplex, starting Tuesday, June 28, at 1:30 p.m., with the exception of the camp’s final day, Monday, July 4, which features the 3-on-3 tournament.
– After last summer’s inaugural evening scrimmage (5-on-5), the event will once again be featured at this year’s camp on Thursday, June 30, at 7 p.m. at the Bell Sensplex. The scrimmage will be followed by a meet and greet reception with Senators season-seat holders in the fieldhouse on the lower level of the Sensplex.
– The annual 3-on-3 tournament is set to take place at the Bell Sensplex on Monday, July 4, at 9:45 a.m.
– Off-ice workouts on the mornings of June 29, June 30, July 2 and July 3.
– An outdoor team-building event in the afternoon of July 1.
– A vision training session for goaltenders at Dynamic Edge Sports Vision Training Centre (Bell Sensplex)
– A specialized sport nutrition/cooking seminar held by Creative Nutrition specialist Molly Morgan.
– A champions talk with former New York Islanders captain Denis Potvin, a four-time Stanley Cup winner, and Todd Nicholson, who competed in his fourth Winter Paralympic Games in 2010 in Vancouver as part of Canada’s national sledge hockey team.
– A defensive focus presentation with Senators assistant coach Luke Richardson.
– All on-ice workouts, including the team scrimmage and 3-on-3 tournament, are open to the public
– Media availability at Scotiabank Place following off-ice workouts and at the Bell Sensplex after on-ice practice sessions.